IOTA is an open-source distributed ledger (CRYPTOCURRENCY) promoted as providing secure communications and payments between machines on the Internet of Things.
Comment[edit | edit source]
From Bitcoin developer Greg Maxwell:
I evaluated their technology myself, it isn't just busted: it is scam-grade over-the-top outright reckless nonsense. And their negligently busted hashfunction was trivially exploitable and we all got to see IOTA lie about their vulnerabilities in public (and continue to do so to this very day). Shameful. The main thing that prevented their system from being burned to the ground was its complete and total functional centralization.
See also[edit | edit source]
- https://multicoin.capital/2018/01/23/iota-miota-analysis Analysis from Multicoin
- https://medium.com/@thedrbits/why-i-also-find-iota-deeply-alarming-99d4f2da3282 Medium article
- https://shitcoin.com/iota-cannot-be-used-for-iot-loss-of-funds-may-occur-e45b1ed9dd6b Technical review 2018-02-09
- https://medium.com/@kaykurokawa/iota-doesnt-scale-fff54f56e975 Technical review 2018-02-09
- https://crypto.bi/tape/blog/iota-collisions IOTA hash collisions could have wrecked the network if it were decentralized
- https://medium.com/@noahruderman/a-summary-of-why-iotas-refutation-of-a-vulnerability-by-dci-labs-is-absurd-128e894781b1 2018-03-04 article
References[edit | edit source]